You can warp images without meshes at all. Put some control points onto an image to be distorted and move them. No problem at all. The only thing, what should be kept in mind, is that if one control point is moved, the whole image will be distorced. This fact could be treated as a defect, in comparison with mesh-based methods, or as an advantage. On the other hand, if you want to restrict distortion of some area of an image, put there some anchor points and do not move them. Or select a rectangular part of the whole image and warp it, leaving the rest untouched. Fix result of warping inside this rectangular area, select another area, warp it and so on. You may repeat it as much times as you need. One can put a lot of control points, hundreds in fact, but for demo its number is limited to six. Load photo of your beloved boss and go ahead.
» version 3.0 - posted on 2008-08-01
EULA - End User License Agreement
License for use and distribution
1. All copyrights to Warper and WarperDemo are exclusively owned by the author - Andrey Matseevskiy.
2. The user is granted a non-exclusive license to use Warper on one computer, for any legal purpose. The Warper software may not be rented or leased. User may remove it to any other computer, if this one deletes Warper from the machine, where it previously has been installed.
3. OUTLINERPRO IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
4. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
5. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Andrey Matseevskiy.
6. Installing and using Warper signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.
7. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must not install Warper.